Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Dashboard Forums Kingdom Living Daily Thu Sep 12 2024: Walking in Love and Fellowship

• Thu Sep 12 2024: Walking in Love and Fellowship

Posted by Pastoral Care on September 12, 2024 at 3:35 am

Selected Bible Passage: John 15:12-14 (NIV) – “My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. You are my friends if you do what I command.”

Reflection:

Jesus’ teachings in John 15 provide a profound blueprint for Kingdom living: walking in love and genuine fellowship with one another. The command to love each other as Jesus loves us calls for sacrificial love, placing others’ needs above our own. This type of love deepens our connection with God and with each other, fostering unity and mutual care. By walking in love, we honor God’s calling and demonstrate His presence in our lives.

Key Points:
    1. Command to Love: Jesus clearly instructs us to love one another just as He loved us.
    2. Sacrificial Love: The ultimate expression of love is laying down one’s life for others, echoing Jesus’ sacrifice.
    3. Spirit of Obedience: Friendship with Jesus is marked by our willingness to follow His commands in love.

Personal Reflection Questions:
    – How am I demonstrating Christ-like love in my relationships?
    – What sacrifices am I willing to make to show love to others?
    – In what ways can I increase my obedience to Jesus’ command to love?

Prayer:

Guided Prayer:
    Loving Father, thank You for the ultimate example of love through Jesus Christ. Help me to embody this divine love in my daily interactions, offering sacrificial love to those around me. Guide me to walk in obedience to Your command, fostering deeper fellowship with You and with my brothers and sisters in Christ. Amen.

Personal Prayer Points:
    – Pray for the ability to love others as Jesus loves you.
    – Ask for the courage to make sacrifices in service to others.
    – Seek guidance in strengthening your obedience to Jesus’ teachings.

Action Steps:

Practical Application Tips:
    Acts of Kindness: Perform a selfless act for someone in your community today.
    Emotional Support: Reach out to a friend or family member who may need encouragement or help.
    Study the Command: Reflect on John 15:12-14, and meditate on ways to incorporate its teachings into your life.

Daily Challenges or Activities:
    Love in Action: Volunteer your time or resources to help someone in need.
    Relationship Building: Spend quality time with friends or family, fostering deeper connections.
    Scripture Memorization: Memorize John 15:12-14 to keep Jesus’ command close to your heart.

By walking in love and fellowship, you reflect Jesus’ presence in your life and strengthen your bonds with others. Embrace this divine command and let it guide your daily actions and relationships.

Philip replied 3 weeks, 3 days ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Olatunde

September 12, 2024 at 1:17 pm

Many thanks for sharing this. A call to love is a common teaching but hardly seen in the life of many believers. 1st Cor 13:1 describes such as mere “sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal”. Without love Christianity is just noise making.

• Philip

Administrator
      September 12, 2024 at 2:26 pm

Yes @Tunde love is the hallmark of the Christian faith. We often pursue other things that are charismatic such as prophecy, tongues and works of faith but as Paul said all these will pass away and the greatest of them all is love. I pray you and I and all of us will take practical and intentional steps to walk in the love the Jesus commanded. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.