Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Dashboard Forums Kingdom Living Daily Sat Sep 14 2024: Prioritizing Gods Will in Our Lives

• Sat Sep 14 2024: Prioritizing Gods Will in Our Lives

Posted by Pastoral Care on September 14, 2024 at 3:35 am

Selected Bible Passage: Matthew 6:33 (NIV) – “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.”

Reflection:

In Matthew 6:33, Jesus teaches us about priorities, urging us to place God’s kingdom and righteousness above all else. This passage falls within Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount, emphasizing a life focused on spiritual values over material concerns. When we align our lives with God’s will, He promises to provide for our needs.

Key Points:
    1. Priority of the Kingdom: Placing God’s kingdom at the forefront reorients our priorities and concerns.
    2. Righteous Living: Seeking God’s righteousness involves living in accordance with His will and values.
    3. Divine Provision: Trusting in God’s promise assures us that our material needs will be met when we prioritize His kingdom.

Personal Reflection Questions:
    – What areas of my life need to be realigned to prioritize God’s kingdom and righteousness?
    – How do I typically respond to material concerns, and how can I shift that focus?
    – In what ways can I deepen my commitment to seeking God’s will daily?

Prayer:

Guided Prayer:
    Lord Jesus, help me to seek Your kingdom and righteousness above all else. Reorient my priorities to align with Your will, and teach me to trust in Your provision. Let me live each day in a way that reflects Your values and draws others closer to You. Amen.

Personal Prayer Points:
    – Pray for clear guidance on aligning your life with God’s priorities.
    – Ask for strength to resist distractions and focus on spiritual growth.
    – Seek God’s provision for your needs as you commit to His will.

Action Steps:

Practical Application Tips:
    Daily Devotion: Begin each day reading scripture and praying for alignment with God’s will.
    Priority Check: Evaluate daily activities and decisions to ensure they reflect God’s kingdom values.
    Mindful Living: Practice gratitude and trust in God’s provision, reducing anxiety over material needs.

Daily Challenges or Activities:
    Encourage Others: Share Matthew 6:33 with someone who may be struggling with priorities and material concerns.
    Gratitude Journal: Keep a journal focused on recognizing and thanking God for His daily provisions.
    Acts of Service: Engage in acts of kindness and service that reflect God’s righteousness and kingdom values.

As you focus on seeking His kingdom first, allow God’s promises to bring peace and provision into your life. Let your daily actions reflect a commitment to His will and righteousness.

Pastoral Care replied 3 weeks, 1 day ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.